Attention: Trans-Jordan will be closing early on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Both days the landfill will be closed at 4:00 p.m.
Holidays Closed: New Years Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
Welcome to Trans-Jordan Landfill
Trans-Jordan operates an environmentally responsible landfill at the south end of the Salt Lake Valley. Our services include year round waste disposal, separate green waste disposal, CESQG waste acceptance, sale of woodchips and compost, free recycling, free household hazardous waste acceptance and free tours and presentations.
RATES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018
- Municipal Solid Waste Gate Rate $31.00 per ton
- $31.00 minimum charge for large commercial trucks
- $10.00 minimum charge for regular trucks and trailers
- Disposal of Regular Green Waste $17.00 per ton
- $17.00 minimum charge for large commercial trucks
- $8.00 minimum charge for regular trucks and trailers
- Disposal of Oversized Green Waste Material $34.00 per ton
- Other special handling fees such as tires, Freon, mattresses, etc. visit our rates page.
Tarp all loads to avoid a double charge. Follow the Adventures of Tarp Girl for more information on tarping.
Trans-Jordan Cities will be holding a Public Hearing for the purpose of adoption of a revised budget for FY 2019 – 2020 on February 20, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. in the conference room of Trans-Jordan Cities (10473 S. Bacchus Hwy, South Jordan UT 84009).
Click here for the Public Hearing Notice Trans-Jordan Notice of Public Hearing – Budget Opening Februrary 2020
Click here for the Proposed Revised Budget Trans-Jordan Cities Budget 2019-2020 Amended – Page 1