Trans-Jordan Landfill does not accept
- Dead animals
- Liquid loads
- Septic loads
- Unopened drums (All drums must have the top completely removed and contents removed for possible acceptance.)
- Any item (or parts of an item) that has been registered. Examples: vehicles, trailers, etc. These items must be taken to a Licensed Dismantler for disposal. Click the following link for a list of dismantlers: Dismantlers February 2018
Below are the web links for our seven cities garbage and recycling programs:
- Draper City: http://www.draper.ut.us/index.aspx?NID=351
- Midvale City: http://www.midvalecity.org/dp.aspx?p=68
- Murray City: http://www.murray.utah.gov/index.aspx?NID=218
- Riverton City: http://www.rivertoncity.com/trash_recycling.main.html
- Sandy City: http://sandy.utah.gov/government/public-works/recycling.html
- South Jordan City: http://www.sjc.utah.gov/publicworks-sanitation.asp
- West Jordan City: http://www.wjordan.com/PW.aspx?pgID=3.14.4
Salt Lake County Recycling Information Website
- Salt Lake County Recycling Information: http://www.slco.org/recycle/
- FREE Christmas Tree Recycling: from December 26 to January 31, Trans-Jordan will accept individual, residential, natural Christmas Trees. All lights and decorations must be removed.
- CESQG information
- Electronics and Glass Recycling
- As always, any residential HHW material can be brought to either…
Trans-Jordan Landfill in cooperation with the Salt Lake County Health Department now accepts CESQG (Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator) waste at our facility.
This service is provided by appointment only. Call (801) 971-1976 for an appointment date and time.
Days and hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm
Some things you should know:
- Pre-segregate your waste
- Provide an MSDS
- Payment is due at the time of service
For more information about CESQG waste please click here
Electronics and Glass Recycling
Trans-Jordan, in cooperation with the Salt Lake County Health Department, now accepts electronic waste for free from residential households. Examples of recyclable electronics:
- Computers, all components including monitors, keyboards and mouse
- Cell phones
- DVD players
- Blue-Ray players
- Personal gaming devices
- and many more
Small businesses will be charged to dispose of electronic waste.
Trans-Jordan also has a free glass recycling bin that accepts all colors of glass bottles.
As always, any residential HHW material can be brought to either…
Trans-Jordan Landfill: Monday – Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Salt Lake Valley Solid Waste Management Facility (6030 W California Ave (1400 South)): Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.