Trans-Jordan Landfill provides education regarding the critical role that landfills play in support of proper environmental stewardship in our communities. To educate our community, we provide free tours, professional presentations and speaking engagements. Please email email@example.com to book a presentation at your location or schedule a landfill tour at Trans-Jordan.
Tours are given to civic groups (i.e. Boy and Girl Scouts), businesses, schools, clubs, etc.
School tours for 3rd Grade include FREE Creative Exploration Kits for each classroom provided by Clever Octopus Creative Reuse Center.
Trans-Jordan Landfill Tour Policy
- Tours are given by appointment only. We prefer that all appointments are arranged via email. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tours groups must have a minimum of six (6) people.
- For groups who do not have six people, we have established a collective tour on the third Thursday of each month at 4:30pm. An appointment is still required.
- Due to safety concerns, the minimum age of tour participants must be seven (7) years old or attending the second grade.
- Tours are available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only.
- Tour start time must be no later than 4:30 pm. *
- A tour lasts about one hour.
- Please contact us at least one month in advance to assure your preferred tour date is available.
*If you arrive late your tour may be cancelled.*
Send your tour schedule requests to email@example.com
Please include the following information in your email:
- Number of people in your group
- Age of attendees
- Preferred tour date & time.
Salt Lake County groups can request a free education package by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org We will send you a PowerPoint presentation and materials related to landfill operations.