The Public Convenience Center (PCC), located within the landfill property, was opened in August 1999 as a safe, convenient, environmentally responsible alternative to the traditional “dump” experience. The PCC is a mini-“mall” for residential disposal needs which consists of the following services: customer unloading site, recycling area, and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off facility and reuse center.
(REMEMBER ALL LOADS MUST BE FULLY TARPED AND SECURED)
The heart of the PCC is the customer unloading site which allows residents to dispose of their trash onto a large concrete pad away from the dirt, mud, and large garbage trucks. Placing residential customers on a concrete unloading site will make the trip cleaner, safer, and more pleasant.
The recycling circle provides a convenient way for residents to participate in a waste diversion program.
Customers will be able to drop off the following recyclable material:
- All metals- including radiators.
- White goods (washers, dryers, hot water heaters, residential refrigerators and freezers).
- (For safety purposes please remove doors from refrigerators and freezers)
- (A $12.00 fee will be charged to remove freon from refrigerators, freezers, A/C units, and Humidifiers)
- All plastic containers
- Carpet Pad
- Steel Cans
- Aluminum Cans
- Mixed Paper
- Glass,(Clear, brown and green glass accepted. All colors in one bin)
- Child car seats, booster seats, bicycle and motorcycle helmets
- Electronic scrap / waste
- Residential Customers- Free
- Business E-Scrap will be accepted at the current SLCoHD rate: Click here to learn more
- Residential Customers only
- Limit 2 per customer
- $2.00 additional fee for each tire off the rim
- $3.00 per tire on the rim
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Trans-Jordan Cities and the Salt Lake County Health Department have joined together to open a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection facility at the Trans-Jordan Landfill.
The HHW facility will accept residential household hazardous waste products such as:
- Transmission Fluid
- Batteries (rechargeable batteries only, no alkaline batteries accepted)
- Other household chemical
- Ink jet cartridges
- Cell phones
Residential materials can be dropped off at Trans-Jordan Landfill, free of charge, Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The HHW Facility will service residential and CESQG (Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator) waste only.
Businesses may want to visit the SL Co. Health Department website for more information about eligibility for CESQG. Click here
Businesses must obtain an appointment before dropping off material the contact number is: (801) 971-1976 for an appointment date and time.
Prescription Medication Disposal
Currently Trans-Jordan does not accept prescription medicines at our HHW facility.
Please do your part and dispose of your old medications properly. If you are unable to bring them to one of the Police Stations, then dispose of your medications in your trash on the day of collection. For more information, call the Salt Lake County Health Department at (801) 313-6745. For a list of police stations and other information click here.
Our HHW area contains a reuse shed that is open to the public, Monday through Saturday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. The reuse shed contains all types of paint and household chemicals, as well as lawn and garden chemicals that are still usable and available free to the public.
If you would like a commercial account, please use the application below: